Harbor East Relies on Meeco Sullivan to Help Revitalize Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
Warwick, NY—Ralph Morley, Senior VP National Sales for Meeco Sullivan, announced the recent completion of Baltimore’s newly renovated Harbor East Marina. Harbor East is a 180-slip marina with over 900 ft. of alongside dockage for larger yachts and is located in the heart of the city’s Harbor East neighborhood that includes 12 square blocks of fine dining restaurants, world-class hotels, hip lounges, quaint pubs, and the best of national and local shops. In addition to all that Harbor East has to offer, guests can walk to all the major attractions at the Inner Harbor, Fell’s Point and Little Italy including the National Aquarium and the Maryland Science Center.
Harbor East Marina’s goal was to renovate and upgrade a world-class marina that would further enhance the area’s revitalization and be attractive to both local boaters and transient boaters as a boating destination. Meeco Sullivan worked very closely with Harbor East and Oasis Marinas, who manages the facility, to create a marina design that included many unique/custom features to complement the area while being as functional and convenient as possible to boaters. The final design totaled 64,000 sq. ft. of floating docks and included:
- An upgraded/heavier Sullivan Timber System with IPE decking
- 18” steel piles
- All decking was recessed to provide cleaner edges and nicer look
- All fingers have custom shapes
- All docks are full length single loaded slips for much easier boat/dock access
- Cleats are all ships cleats
- Built to accommodate extensive utilities—200-Amp service to some docks, water, fire suppression system, pump out system at every other slip
- A 685 ft. yacht dock and a 268’ yacht dock that are 16’ wide (two 8’ sections bolted together)
- Meeco Sullivan built all the “party pads” and social spaces that are located throughout the marina. The main 50×60 party pad is a covered area with electricity, tables, seating et al for large groups to use. These are permanent and attached to the docks to accommodate both boat club groups and regular customers.
Eric Bradley, VP of Operations for Oasis Marinas commented that “We had very high expectations for this marina and we couldn’t be happier with the quality of the customized timber system Meeco Sullivan delivered. From our first visit to their Warwick, NY facility, through the design and planning phase with their team and the entire installation they exceeded our expectations. Everyone is raving about the newly renovated marina and how well it fits with the entire Harbor East atmosphere.”